Why Chef Middle East has all you need to create the perfect seasonal menu
For all of us in the global hospitality industry, Christmas is one of the busiest and most exciting times of the year.
Every winter, we channel all our talents and skills into creating magical festive seasonal menus that we hope all our diners will love.
With its vast catalogue of artisan festive ingredients and quick delivery services, Chef Middle East is well equipped to support the sector during this bustling and profitable period.
After all, in order to maintain a competitive edge (particularly in the thriving and dynamic dining industries of the UAE, Oman and Qatar), we know that your seasonal menu really needs to be extra special.
So, this year, the culinary masters at Chef Middle East recommend that you try bringing back a long-forgotten classic.
Adding an explosion of beautiful Christmas flavours, we find that nothing amplifies a festive gathering like a traditional duck a l’orange.
There’s just something about the combination of a succulent, crispy-skinned roast duck and slightly sweet and sticky sauce that is simply impossible to beat.
Tasty, satisfying and filled with all the most enchanting aromas, spices and ingredients of the season, your customers will fall instantly in love with this timeless festive recipe.
Your one-stop-shop for festive menu products
The basis of a perfect duck a l’orange is premium quality ingredients, and we are proud to stock all you need to make your own irresistible version of this heat-warming specialty right to your door.
Along with our whole, high-quality frozen duck, we also provide Moulard duck breast. Produced in Europe by world-renowned specialists in fattened duck, this premium quality meat offers a considerably larger breast than other duck species, and each piece is carefully selected and cut by hand.
Meanwhile, our smoked duck breast adds an extra boost of bold and deep flavour, while the duck legs confit is a handy staple that you’ll want to have in your kitchen throughout the year.
Of course, no duck breast Christmas dinner is complete without an irresistible orange sauce. Pair your tender festive duck with a vibrant confit made from our Belberry preserved Andalusian oranges and artisan orange and cranberry marmalade, and watch your customer’s eyes pop open with delight and wonder.
Founded in Belgium towards the end of the 19th century, Belberry uses only the finest, locally grown fruit in all its products. Favoured by many of the world’s leading hotels and restaurants, our Belberry products are bound to give your seasonal menu an added dose of magical festive cheer.
Chef Middle East’s top festive duck recipe
Our expert chef’s duck breast Christmas dinner recipe will take your seasonal menu to new levels of incredible.
Give it a try and let us know what you think…
Duck a l’orange
Preparation time: Two hours
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- One whole duck
- Four pieces of Belberry Andalusian pickled orange
- Three tbsp of orange and cranberry marmalade
- 500g veal glaze
- 30ml Molino Jerez vinegar
- 300ml Juicy orange juice
- The zest of two fresh oranges
- Four sprigs of fresh thyme
- One onion
- Prepare a pot of boiling water and blanch the duck for three minutes.
- Set the bird in a tray, add a sprinkle of salt, cover and leave overnight in a chiller.
- The next day, pat the duck dry and stuff it with thyme, onion, and the Belberry Andalusian pickled orange.
- Place on a baking tray in a preheated oven and cook at 200°C for 30 minutes and then at 220°C for another five minutes or until the inner temperature reaches 74°C.
- At the same time, put the veal glaze in a pot along with the orange juice, salt and pepper, and let it reduce.
- Then, poach the orange zest in a pan of boiling water for three minutes. Then, to ensure that no bitter flavour remains, replace the water and repeat for another three minutes.
- Add the orange zest to the glaze and serve coated on the duck.